Thứ Năm, 28 tháng 7, 2022

Shania Twain's journey from a violent household to 'liberation' is traced in 'Not Just A Girl' documentary on Netflix

 

Shania Twain's new documentary "Not Just A Girl," which will be available on Netflix on July 26, shows fans everything.

The legendary singer claims that music saved her from a violent father in Timmins, Ontario, but that her mother fully supported her dreams, taking her to local bars to sing while her father was sleeping.

XEM THÊM :
Bật mí cách chơi game bài Tiến lên offline cực hay

"Growing up in a violent household was horrible," Twain says, "but I locked myself away with music to block out everything else so that all I could see, hear, think, and imagine was music." "It was probably hearing my mother say, 'You can make it, you're going to make it,' and I felt like if I made it, it would save us somehow, and it was more of a responsibility to be a performer, to do it as a career."

Twain's parents were killed in a car accident in 1987. She signed her first recording contract in 1992, and she claims that once she started making music videos, she felt more creatively in control.

"That was the creative moment that I grabbed onto, and it was

Twain also admits that she thought she'd never be able to sing again after contracting Lyme disease.

"My symptoms were quite frightening because, prior to being diagnosed, I was on stage, very dizzy, losing my balance, and afraid I was going to fall off the stage," she explained. "I was having...millisecond blackouts, but on a regular basis, every minute or every 30 seconds, and my voice was never the same again, just this strange flanging, lack of control... I thought I'd lost my voice forever, that that was it, I'd never, ever sing again."

She discovered her husband, music producer and songwriter Mutt Lange, was having an affair while battling the effects of Lyme disease.

"I was facing a divorce, my husband leaves me for another woman," Twain explained, adding, "Now I'm at a whole other low and I just don't see any point in going on with a music career."

"When I lost Mutt, I guess I thought, I was thinking that the grief was similar to losing my parents and it was like death,...a permanent end to so many facets of my life, and I never got over my parents' death, so I'm thinking, s**t, I'm never going to get over this... So all I can do is determine how I'm going to carry on from there," she continued.

Meanwhile, Twain had established himself as a feminist icon with hits such as "That Don't Impress Me Much" and "Man! I Feel Like A Woman."

"At the time," Twain explained, "I just enjoyed singing with attitude, singing about being a strong woman." "It's just part of my personality, it really is my genuine personality; I have a point of view, I want to get it across, I expect to get it across, but I'm not out to annoy anyone."

READ ARTICLES :

https://community021.blogspot.com/2022/07/ways-to-boost-your-brainpower.html

https://community021.blogspot.com/2022/07/how-to-flip-house-for-seniors-beginners.html

https://community021.blogspot.com/2022/07/9-insights-that-matter-in-tough-times.html

https://medical-heartu.blogspot.com/2022/07/dental-braces-types-plans-price-and-care.html

https://medical-heartu.blogspot.com/2022/07/10-dental-hygiene-tips-for-healthy-teeth.html

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Taylor Swift says a new album is coming, after winning the top award at the MTV VMAs

  Taylor Swift won the top honor at the 2022 MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday before revealing a surpisingly significant announcement: the r...